Do you have problems with your sleep while traveling? Do you miss your favorite memory foam mattress or your pillow top mattress that gives that extra softness and comfort while traveling? Many people find it very difficult to sleep while traveling. There are many factors that could be contributing to the lack of quality sleep while travelling depending on the person.
But, it is very important to get a good night’s sleep during your hectic traveling days as a bad night’s sleep can leave you yawning, dull and lethargic the following day. How can you ensure to get good sleep while traveling? Here are few tips that help you to get good sleep while traveling.
5 Tips for getting a Good Night’s Sleep While Traveling
- Modifying Your Sleeping Pattern: It is import to modify or make adjustments to your sleeping pattern well in advance before you leave for your traveling days. If you are travelling to a destination with a different time zone, then, you need to adjust to that time zone at least 2 days in advance so that your mind and body can adapt to the change. Modifying your bed time includes changing your eating habits and eating hours. This will ensure you can adapt easily when you reach your new destination.
- Keeping Track of What You Eat: When traveling, what you eat will have direct influence on your sleep. Therefore, it is important to check what you eat. If you eat bulky and calorie rich heavy food items during your traveling days, your body will be stressed out more and you will find it difficult to get a good night’s sleep. This is because your body will be working hard to digest the food you consumed. So, for a healthy night’s sleep, eat light.
- Dress Appropriately: Dressing is very important if you are travelling overnight by plane or train. Overdressing will prevent you from feeling comfortable and take away your sleep. Give priority to comfort rather than to fashion. You must put on clothes made of wrinkle free breathable fabric. Dark color is a good option in case you spill something on your dress. If you feel comfortable, then the chance of getting good sleep during your journey is more.
- Reduce Excess Exposure of Stimuli: Whether you are in the hotel or flying, it is important to reduce excess exposure to stimuli when you are traveling and away from home. This means reduce the amount of time you spend in front of television, Smartphone’s, tablets or iPad’s and laptops. Hearing soft music while going to sleep is fine.
Remember that you must not play loud and rocking music as it disturbs your brain and takes your sleep away. Sometimes, you may like the mattress used in your hotel room and feel that you want to get a similar one for yourself. In that case, once you are home, you can check out the expert reviews about mattresses in www.bestmattress-brand.org.
- Staying Hydrated: When you are traveling by air, the chances are your body will get dehydrated. Therefore, it is important for you to keep yourself hydrated by increasing the intake of water and liquid 24-48 hours before the departure. Even during the flight, it is important to consume a good amount of water. So, do not forget to carry a bottle of water while travelling.
- Keep Away from Red-Eye Flights: If you are travelling on domestic flights, it is best to avoid red-eye flights as you cannot sleep. A red eye flight can mess up your sleeping pattern. Even though the travelling time by air is less, a lot of time is spent on checking baggage, check-in to the hotel and travelling to the hotel. This can totally upset your sleep schedule.